Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Something in Common

Now that I’ve started to find the real me through the years. My trend style is developing each and every day from clothing to hairstyles. 
Branching out from a pink fringe, green highlights to full head of green braids to orange (which I see as ginger).
There’s something I’ve always admire, something special about ginger haired people. When I was at school they were placed in a certain category as the “nerds”, and I never understood what was so great about making fun out of them.  I always thought that they were different and there are only a few people God picks to have this colour. But with me I can just go down to the shop to buy it LOL. TBH It was a task to find searching places from Greenford, Shepherd’s Bush to Harlesden (not even Harlesden had it with all their hair shops, disappointment!). The life saver was Dalston, I’m not surprised with a huge majority of trendy people living in the Fashion East. 
When I first got it done I thought to myself that I looked like Daphne from Scooby Doo. On the way home from the hairdressers I was singing the theme tune LOL. Two days after I met Nicola Roberts who advice me” to stay ginger it’s the best!” (I trust her, she should know). Then I thought about Vivienne Westwood’s orange hair, and for the past few weeks two people have called me Wilma from the Flintstones.
And not only has it made me feel great about myself, it looks “Proper Mint”.
I’ve got ginger armpits now LOL.
Let me know how you feel about ‘Ginger Nuts’.

Rebekah the Individualist
SHARE:
© Proper Mint. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig